Who is managing the project?
The project is being directed by a Steering Committee consisting of representatives of the City, County, IDOT and formal elected officials. The City selected Hanson Professional Services Inc. to lead the design and land acquisition for the Springfield Rail Improvements Project. It is responsible for providing overall engineering design services and project management. Specifically, Hanson’s scope of work includes the following:
- Drainage Report
- Geotechnical Report
- Illinois Commerce Commission Hearings
- Public Involvement
- Preliminary Roadway & Track Plans
- Preliminary Bridge Drawings
- Signal Design
- Hazardous Waste Survey
- Archaeology Surveys
- Land Acquisition
Hanson has assembled a team of design and public engagement experts to help it execute critical project tasks. Members of its project team are listed below.
- Vector Communications Corporation is managing public engagement.
- Crawford, Murphy & Tilly Inc. is preparing underpass designs.
- Allen Henderson & Associates is conducting roadway design.
- Professional Services Industries is handling drilling.
- Andrews Environmental Engineering is performing hazardous waste surveys.
- Fever River Research is completing archaeological studies.
- RDG is focusing on the aesthetics of the Tenth Street corridor design.
- Aero-Metric is providing aerial mapping services.
- HMMH is providing vibration analysis along the Tenth Street corridor.
- Hinshaw is responsible for responding to legal matters concerning the project.
- CTC is handling the railroad signal design for the project.
- Infrastructure is providing construction oversight.
- Favor Communications is providing public engagement assistance.